What We Do
Who we help
We help individuals and small businesses with the legal problems of everyday life.
We have designed our services to remove the barriers that stop people getting legal help.
In particular, we provide
- Help over the telephone, by videoconference and by email
- Help outside ordinary office hours
- A low cost Legal Diagnosis service, so you don’t have to spend a lot of money to find out whether you can use the law to solve your problem
- Transparent pricing, so you know exactly what our service will cost
- Same day or next day service.
Our services are particularly useful to people who:
- Need to know where to start with using the law to solve a problem, or
- Need an affordable alternative to the traditional way of engaging a lawyer for full representation.
The problems we help with
We provide help with most personal legal problems and with many of the everyday problems of small business. If we can’t help with your problem, we will tell you this up front and won’t charge you any fee.
For problems based in Queensland
Because we are based in Queensland, we can help with most problems that occur here. The sorts of problems we help with include:
- Consumer problems, including dealing with traders, banks, insurance companies, phone companies and internet providers
- Money and debt problems, whether you owe the money, or someone owes you money
- General household problems like tenancy, problems with gas, electricity, water, building and repairs
- Neighbourhood problems
- Problems to do with cars, including buying and selling cars, loans over cars, and claims for property damage from car accidents
- Problems about your driver’s licence
- Employment problems
- Problems dealing with all levels of government and government agencies
- Problems about dealing with the police, fines and being charged
- Discrimination and human rights
- Relationship breakdowns including making arrangements to divide property and care for children
- Legal issues arising from death
- Problems arising from mental health and disability, including guardianship
- Problems about your personal safety including domestic violence, and your rights if you are a victim of a crime
- Dealing with lawyers, including what to look for when choosing a lawyer for representation and how to compare costs agreements.
For problems outside Queensland
For problems outside Queensland, we can help with those that are covered by Commonwealth law, including:
- Family law (married and de facto) including separation, divorce, arrangements for children, dividing property after separation and child support
- Consumer law including borrowing money, banking, insurance, phone or internet services
- Dealing with Centrelink
Feel free to contact us to see if we can help with your problem.
We provide three services:
2. Legal Advice